Most people, especially techies, will know what an iPhone is. Yes, I’m talking about the multi-touch and sleek device that has had fan boys drooling and the other phone brands green with envy. The allure of this sexy device has hooked hundreds of fans to lining up outside their nearest Apple Store on the eve of June 29, 2007.
And they have several solid reasons to warrant their passion for the iPhone. The most striking aspect is the revolutionary interface. It sports a multi-touch screen that allows more than one finger to do the work. The screen is ‘smarter’, so to speak, in anticipating your moves and interpreting your actions. ‘Pinch’ a picture to make it smaller or slide your finger across the screen to drag a file.
Also, being a product of Apple, it plays music and has every function an iPod has, plus extras. These extras are many and just to name a few; the iPhone has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, an Apple Safari web browser, a virtual keyboard and a GPS receiver. And being a phone as well, it has every function you would expect of a camera phone. Not forgetting to mention, the lustrous and eye-catching design. The screen occupies the whole side of the device, with its back made of black and metal plastic.
Being a portable media player as well as phone, you can watch mobile movies on the go. But like any other iPod, users have grieved over the problematic process of transferring movies into the iPhone. This caused users to forgo watching any movie clips on the iPhone. However, it many not be so much of a problem if you know the correct way.
1) First, you have to download any file converter that can convert any file type into the mpg4 format. This is the only type of mobile movie that you can watch on the device.
2) Next, you open the movie clip you want to convert to through the converter interface. If it’s from a DVD, a number of files will appear. Choose the one with the largest size.
3) Start converting by pressing the appropriate button on the converter.
4) Then, run iTunes. You may download the latest version from the Apple website.
5) Connect your iPhone and an icon should appear on the bottom left corner.
6) Click on the ‘Movies’ tab and choose the movie clip you want to transfer.
7) Start transferring and wait for a few minutes, depending on your file size.
An interesting note; this converter can also be used to watch PSP movies, since PSP movies have the mpg4 format. If you’re a PSP nut, instead of an iPod one, this converter can also serve all your PSP movie watching needs.
The iPhone is fast becoming a popular gadget among today’s youth and young at heart. With the release of a second-generation iPhone, its vogue and charm will eventually disappear. In the meantime, have fun watching mobile movies on it!